This is the ideal service for people who are looking to get more involved in their local community and/or expand their social circle. We focus on helping individuals connect to mainstream, non-segregated activities and communities that they’re interested in checking out. This can include, but not limited to, support with the following:
– Exploring new hobbies and interests: Such as joining a sporting league, art classes, hip-hop dancing, joining a gym, guitar lessons, cooking classes – just to name a few ideas!
– Volunteer work: Explore new ways to partake in your interests and gain valuable experience in a work-type environment while giving back to the community;
– Exploring education and special interest courses: For people interested in furthering their education or interested in learning something new, we can help get people connected to mainstream courses and offer support throughout, including help with study plans, connecting with tutoring services and other relevant supports determined on an individual basis.
– Navigating friendships and/or relationships: Discover fun ways to meet new people, like joining similar interests social groups and build on your social capital;
– Travel: We can help with all the planning that goes into going on a trip, no matter how big or small, and help with getting connected to any additional supports that may be needed;
– or even just discovering what’s going on in the neighbourhood! The flexibility and creativity of Community Connecting allows for a whole variety of connections.
For more information on Community Connecting, including more on our process, approach and pricing, please contact us.